We are searching for a dedicated freelance software developer and “hacker” to support our developer team.
What you will be doing
Work in a small team to develop forest software applications for sustainable forestry, agroforestry and conservation projects.
What you bring (wish list)
- passion for our mission
- experiences with building database models for forest data sets with Postgres / PostGIS
- software application building with Wavemaker, Drupal, WordPress
- web-Frontend-Development with HTML, CSS, JS (Frameworks and libs: leaflet, angular js, jquery)
- experiences with GIS Applications: QGIS, Mapbender, Geoserver, …
- ability to combine, tweak and “hack” different technologies
- besides the technical skills a strong interest in social and environmental issues, especially forestry.
- experiences working in an intercultural environment and in development countries would be great
- having worked in the field of natural resource management or forestry is a plus
- ability to think analytically and approach things with an entrepreneurial mindset
- love to work in a small and agile team
- fluent English (other languages are a plus)
This is our list of wishes however we recognize that you may need further development in some areas, and we encourage you to apply even if you have less experience than some of the requirements for the role.
an opportunity to do meaningful work
a creative work environment in which teamwork comes first
the opportunity to learn about all business areas of OpenForests
an environment with no titles and hierarchies
freedom to work from everywhere you like as OpenForests has it’s head office in the clouds
few meetings per year where we meet physically to exchange and work on our mission and strategy
fair payment for good work
We are looking forward to receiving your application. We are especially interested in the work you have done in the past. So it would be great to receive for example links to software applications which you have developed or worked on.
For the case we decided to go further we will schedule a call for an information exchange to get to now each other better. If both parties decided to move forward we will have a joint pilot project for 2 weeks, with real work, which will be fully paid. If both sides decide it was successful and both sites like the work atmosphere, we will continue to collaborate.
We will provide a feedback on your application in any case. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Please send your application to: email@example.com
For the case you need any further information, please feel free to get in contact via phone: +49 (0)228 823 694 68
Tagged as: database, programming, software development
We are foresters, physicists, geo ecologists, social bankers, drone pilots, programmer, visionaries, thinkers, realists, optimists, team players …
OpenForests provides tools for sustainable forestry projects and responsible investors. Our tools facilitate investment decisions, enable a data-driven forest management and controlling, and help to increase presence and visibility on the market.
Our goal is to enable small to medium sized forestry, agroforestry, and forest conservation projects to become more professional by using affordable forest information technology to improve efficiency and transparency.
Our mission is to transform the forestry sector towards a more social, ecological and financial successful forest and resource management on a global level.
About OpenForests UG haftungsbeschränkt
OpenForests is a consulting company and expert network that support the implementation of social, ecologically diverse and profitable forestry projects.